Tuesday, June 21, 2005

And now a word from Matthew...

Mom: What do you like about your CI?
Matt: It helps me great because it helps me to hear. If I didn't have my CI I couldn't hear airplanes, the people talking to me, music at night, the water dripping on stuff. Drip drip drip.

Mom: Do you listen to the words on TV?
Matt: Yes. Sometimes it's kind of hard. Like when they talk fast. Or when Chris is yelling. I like to watch Teen Titans and Scooby Doo.

Mom: Do you like music?
Matt: Yes. I liked my music teacher at school. I bring an old music book to music class. Then at the end, when we have to go back to our classroom, she plays some music out of my old music book. I like any kind of instruments. I would like to play the guitar someday.

Mom: Do you like to yell at your brothers?
Matt: I like to yell at Chris sometimes. Sometimes Chris likes to yell at me.

Mom: Aren't you glad you have a CI and can HEAR Chris yelling at you?
Matt: I hate it when Chris yells at me!

Mom: What else do you NOT like to hear?
Matt: Josh screaming when he's mad. You screaming when YOU'RE mad. (he's smiling now)

Mom: Thanks a lot. :) How do you think your CI will help you later?
Matt: I hope that I have my CI forever because I like hearing.

Mom: How does your CI work?
Matt: The sound goes in here (microphone) down into the computer (processor), then back up inside my head. My CI helps me to hear.

Mom: Do you remember when you first got your CI?
Matt: Yeah. When I was three. I was scared of everything. I like hearing now.

Mom: Thanks, Matt.
Matt: Can I play games on the computer now?

Mom: Yeah, sure, Matt. ;)

No comments: