Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Old Faithful

Man, I could come up with some really corny remarks right now about Old Faithful and how amazingly faithful the boys' CIs have been. I'll spare you. :)

I remember asking Matt what Old Faithful sounded like when the water finally came out. At first everyone was cheering, then he said it sounded like the bathtub. Interesting. I loved it when he would describe the raindrops on the tent, too. These are things I would normally take for granted, but really enjoy hearing from his perspective now.

I was just thinking about why we had the boys wear their BWPs for the trip. Seriously, we would just put their on in the mornings and forget about them, go on with our day. Matt now wears his BWP at school and his BTE at home. I'm thinking with the new iConnect for his FM system, I may actually let him wear the BTE at school next year. Right now he claims to like having just one headpiece and wire, though, as inconspicuous as possible. His hair is much darker than when first used his CI. We need to change to darker wires and swap out the headpiece cover for brown, very easy to do. There are 11 kids in his school with CIs, 9 of them have Advanced Bionics products. He may change to his BTE because I think that's what the other kids wear, too. It's up to him, really.

No comments: