Monday, January 23, 2006

Josh had his BTE on all night.

Last night he absolutely had to have it on to fall asleep, he wanted to listen to music. Later I heard him wake up, really upset, he had his BTE in his hand. I assumed he wanted it off, quite the opposite, he wanted it back on. Must have fallen off at some point. So I put it back on. When I THOUGHT he was asleep I tried to take it off to store/recharge battery/give his little head a break. When I tried to pull it off, the earmold coming out must have woken him up. Man, was he upset! He basically told me to put it back on, so I did, and left it on the rest of the night. When he woke up he brought it to me, and I put on his BWP right away, for the day. I'm going to be working in the office today, the BWP is just easier to manage.

I hate to admit I don't want to be putting the BTE back on him all day when it falls off. I guess it doesn't fall off too much, really. But I've found a wig shop and need to stop in for some double sided tape, toupe tape I think. That might help a bit. That and I think he could learn to put it back on himself. His earmold is older, from his hearing aids. We could get him a newer skeleton mold (?). Matt likes that better. It's not like they need them to block out sound/feedback for their hearing aids anymore.

No comments: