Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I love our insurance!

It's time to order new batteries, wires and headpieces for the boys. I was prepping to do a ton of paperwork, re-enroll them in the Army's Exceptional Family Member Program (have to do this every three years, as if they weren't still deaf with cochlear implants...), enroll them in the new program for durable medical equipment supplies, ECHO, and then prepare all of the forms necessary to order equipment under that program.

Since we aren't near a typical military facility now, I didn't know to whom I would submit all of these papers to get the ball rolling. Army One Source, a number we can call for answers to everything, and I mean everything, directed me to Sue Ellen Braden, the EFMP coordinator at Dewitt Army Hospital. I think that hospital is on the post where my hubby's HQ is located. She faxed the old EFMP documents to her higher ups, I think, and the boys are re-enrolled. I think they figured out that once you're deaf with an implant, that doesn't really ever go away. Then she put me in contact with the insurance coordinator who said these items are now covered under regular services, no extra paperwork needed. YEAH! But that she'd enroll them in ECHO, anyway, as we may need their services later. I will keep putting together paperwork on that in the meantime.

I have an audiology appointment for Josh today, and have all of the papers needed to hand over to the CI dept., to order new equipment. I am so THRILLED! The process under the new insurance is MUCH easier than the old system. For once I have seen progress through the changes. I don't know how long it will take to put the paperwork through, get the equipment, but I am just tickled pink today that this load of TODOs is off my back. I was so grateful that I wrote a note of appreciate to the Patient Rep at Dewitt Army Hospital in regards to Sue Ellen's superior service. YEAH!!!!!

No comments: