Thursday, March 30, 2006

Time with Joshua.

After church last week Chris (middle kid, hearing) told me that the children had prayed to God. And that God had told Chris personally that he had to spend less time with Matt (oldest son, CI), and more time hanging out with Josh (youngest son, CI).

Matt told Chris, "God can't talk to you, you can't hear him. I don't care what kind of ears you have."

Of course, I told the boys that God CAN talk to us, in our hearts. That we didn't need ears to hear his voice in our lives. I was actually at a loss for words at this point. A little shocked at my 5 year old's revelation.

But Chris must have had a true change of heart, because I've heard him several times the past week say something like, "Matt, I can't play with you right now, I need to spend some time with Josh." Each time I hear that I am floored. Absolutely FLOORED! Boy, that word looks funny when you type it in caps...

Anyhoo... Josh is one of those kids that has an ear infection, but you don't know about it until it does something like rupture his ear drum. I'm not kidding, it happened a few days ago. But my, oh my, he is doing MUCH better! The pressure must have been bugging him something awful, because he's been Mr. Chipper ever since it popped.

I thought he just had a cold, like everyone else in this house. In the future I will just have to play the overly paranoid mommy role and bring him in every time I suspect something. Like I'm not overly worrisome NOW. Bottom line, he's doing better. Sigh...

I need to write down some of the notes from the boys' schools. They are both doing VERY well! Josh's vocalization and use of language keep improving, little by little. Matt keeps coming home with papers for me to sign, only one or two wrong on his math and spelling tests. He's done some writing on his own recently, at home. I need to ask his permission to post something here.

Thanks for all of the nice comments lately! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. ;)

7 comments:

ninepounddictator said...

Such an interesting post...
I can't believe some of the things kids say about God. But it is kind of nice isn't it? I think you handled it really well. You sound like an amazing woman, mother, person, friend....

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I'm so excited that your boys are doing well in school. I know that they are working hard, and you are a very proud mommy.

Heather Hansen said...

Wow! What a great post. You're kids are cute too. LOL

Thanks for visiting me.

Do you sign to your children? My mom signed to us (there are no hearing impared children in our family -she just liked to sign) expecially when we were doing bad things. I don't know much ASL but I find myself signing when I'm correcting my children. I should take a class and learn a more wellrounded vocabulary. LOL

J. Robbins said...

It sounds like your boys are doing great. You sure must be a great mom!!!

S said...

Hey< i love those little monkey sox over there! LOL

Diana said...

these ear infections are scary business huh? My little man had a double in Feb, and one in march. ugh. hated it, esp. since he hated the meds!

J. Robbins said...

Where have you been. I'll check back later. I miss your posts. Julie Robbins (mother of Jack)