Saturday, November 18, 2006

My "Head Shot"


This is just an example of what I do when bored, putzing around with my Photoshop CS2. ;)

I got the idea from the book cover in the previous post. My oldest son has the CII internal part, but my youngest son has the 90K. The 90K lays much flatter in his head. The surgery for this one took less time, only had a tiny bit of his hair removed, and left a much less visible scar than the procedure with the CII. Both boys are using Hi-Res programming with their processors.

This pic only took a few minutes, really. I haven't had much time to mess around on the computer lately, but wanted to get my idea down. I have a few more ideas, should probably sketch them out before I forget them.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a cute pic! :)
I hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving...you've helped make my year a happy one and I'm thankful for you :)

Nicole said...

Hi there!
I am a Mom of an almost 2 year old boy named Aiden who's Cochlear Implant was turned on just 4 days ago. I am just now having the chance to search the internet for other Blogs about CI parents, and found yours by searching on Blogger. We too have a Blog for Aiden - www.aidenjourney.blogspot.com.
Anyway, I have been reading your earlier postings for about an hour now, and I feel like I know you! It's amazing how similar our feelings are about the initial stages of learing about our son's deafness are. I even realized a few things about how I was feeling at the time that I have sort of "put away" in my mind until now too.
Thanks for your Blog - it is really a great feeling to know that I am not alone in this new CI world we have just entered...

Anonymous said...

Nice work!

You know, as sad as it is, I've only really begun to learn about cochlear implants because it's a story line on Young & the Restless. (You can spank me now.)

I find it absolutely what they can do now to help those that are hearing impaired.

Excellent blog Chaotic Mom!

Anonymous said...

youve got one of the best designed blog ive seen.. the header is well done..

Anonymous said...

hope you had a happy thanksgiving with you son.. enjoy life! :)


http://www.jirodesign.com