Friday, December 15, 2006

Have ya heard about the new Harmony?????

My boys don't have the new Advanced Bionics Harmony BTE processors yet, but I've been keeping my eyes open, looking for experiences others have to share w/the new technology. Here's some of what I've found:

Michael Royer's video on YouTube (video is a little shaky): "A brief look into my hearing loss and using the Harmony processor."

Michael Royer's Blog: Where he shares more of his experiences.

The Bionic Sound Project: "
Twenty-something female from the united states. lives and breathes for music and sound. profoundly deaf since birth. unknown cause of deafness. bilateral hearing loss between 95-110 dB. type of hearing loss is sensorineural. loss identified at 2 months old, fitted with hearing aids at 4 months old. mainstreamed entire life. learned sign at age 17. tried for FDA trial in 1997, missed cutoff by 1% due to doing too well. has gone through the evaluation process at least 4 times, and got scared. finally took the plunge and implanted july 2006." Blog.

A Music Lover's CI Journey Very neat reading.

Other CI stuff:


What a CI Is, How it Works: Great little video, great info.

Tehya's Activation: "The day that we had been waiting for - FINALLY! We were all very excited during the session and were thrilled that Tehya had the reaction she did." Video.

Jodi Speaks Her Mind: A blog that includes info on how her implanted daughter is doing. I love my boys, but this little girl is so cute!

Cochlear Animation: VERY neat video clip.

4 comments:

Domestic Slackstress said...

Wonderful to have discovered your blog. I'll be back often.

Jennifer said...

David of Hook Me Up ( http://hookmeupci.blogspot.com/ ) has a Harmony too :) I won't go back to my audi until April, so I won't get mine until at least then :) That's OK, though...I need to get a little more used to what I have!! :)

Laurie said...

Hello! I just found your blog. Jennifer is a great friend of mine. Will continue to read about your boys! May I add your site to my blog?

Laurie in TN

J. Robbins said...

I've missed your posts. Can't wait to hear an update on your guys. Julie (Mom of Jack)