Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Seminars for Parents of Children with Cochlear Implants


I just posted about The Listening Room and Hearing Journey, but wanted to add a link to GREAT online courses for all types of folks associated with cochlear implants.

The Bionic Ear Association offers live and recorded web classes for professionals who work with cochlear implant recipients, adult CI users, as well as parents of CI children. You can find a schedule of live classes, as well as a list of recorded presentations here. I've personally been soaking up all the classes I can that are related to the Listening for Littles program.

I have three boys, two deaf with cochlear implants. I am SO THANKFUL for all of the resources I've found through the internet! There is much more information available to us since our first son was diagnosed deaf almost seven years ago. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. It particularly interested me as I am also the parent of a daughter with cochlear implants.

Good Luck with everything,
Aaron
Aaron@hearingpocket.com
www.hearingpocket.com
http://hearingpocket.wordpress.com

Pfingston said...

Hey girl, missing you. Hope everything is OK.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You have great blog. right on the subject.
I found your blog as I was looking for hearing aids and specific information on ampliear.

I have also found more articles on hearing aids.

I wpould like to hear your opinion on these reviews. Are they for real?

Regards,

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

Hi-Thank you for all of the wonderful resources on your blog. My son was just diagnosed with severe-profound SNHL and he is 8.5 months old.
Tina
christina.marmor@gmail.com
livelaughlovefamily.blogspot.com

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

Hi-Thank you for all of the wonderful resources on your blog. My son was just diagnosed with severe-profound SNHL and he is 8.5 months old.
Tina
christina.marmor@gmail.com
livelaughlovefamily.blogspot.com

elizabeth said...

These are some of my favorite resources, too! Great post. I hope you'll consider adding your blog to the aggregator at Deaf Village (www.deafvillage.com) -- we'd love to have you as part of our community!