Monday, October 10, 2005

I spent $60 for what?

Last week, whether it was allergies, illness, vestibular or tinnitus problems, Josh was not sleeping through the night and it was driving us bonkers. He's doing much better now, and so are all of us! :) He isn't taking Benadryl now, but I have him on a very small amount of melatonin each night. I don't know if that's been the answer, but he is sleeping very well now and waking up very chatty.

And along those lines, he's vocalizing all the time now. It almost reminds me of times right before Matt would make a great leap in progress, he would just stop everything for about a week. We were worried that he was regressing, then all of a sudden he'd be talking! Then in sentences! I was very worried about Jsoh last week, but now he's doing even better. Not a huge jump in progress, but just vocalizing all the time, and actually telling me what's on TV!

Okay, now here's the $60 part. Last week I bought a toy that has a camera and a microphone. I imagined using it to put the image of Josh and me on TV while we practiced vocalizing. I thought this would be great feedback for him, and he does actually like it. Yeah! But he's two, and that only lasts so long. As soon as he put the microphone down and we were finished with "therapy", the OTHER TWO BOYS were dancing in front of the TV. Shaking their backsides on the big screen. ARGH! So, my good intentions may be justified, but silly me never saw the other half of the "picture". :)

No comments: