Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mommy Thoughts, and "I love you." :)

Okay, I LOVE my boys. I'm working hard to do what's best for them. But sometimes they do drive me bonkers. I've been blessed with excellent hearing, but can't turn my volume or sensitivity down when their little voices are grating on my last nerve. BUT, I CAN USE EARPLUGS! Seriously. I have a blood pressure cuff to monitor my blood pressure, and I have actually noticed that when they boys are bugging me and I use the earplugs, my pressure actually stays lower! I can still hear the boys when they need something, and I keep a close eye on them at all times, but their cute little voices don't bother me as much when they're muffled by the plugs. Go figure. :)

While Josh's progress may be slow, it is a bonus to see him still progressing forward in his language development. He doesn't wear his CI to bed (Matt does at times), so I sign more with him then. Last night I signed "I love you." and he held his hand up and vocalized "I uh oo" back to me. Yeah! He is trying to use his voice much more now, and that's encouraging. Once he's more comfortable and consistent, I'll start picking on the more fine details.

Oh! And last night he was having a rough time so we took a little walk outside. We've been working on using two words together at a time, instead of just labeling things. So we had to say, "Night night tree." and "Bye bye light." at least 50 times each. But he was so excited! He would "Walk walk walk", spot another three and point to it and start squealing! And he spotted airplanes passing overhead and would point and vocalize bye bye. Pretty cool.

His language is coming along better now. He's understanding and identifying colors, red is his favorite. He is using two words together now, like "cat food/eat". He understands more words receptively, sentences, but I'm talking about him expressively, too.

Ooops, gotta go. Will finish later.

No comments: