Monday, January 30, 2006

Joshua's babbling.

Josh was babbling so much in the tub the other day, I got my camera out to tape him. Of course he stopped. When my disc was full and the camera turned off, of course Josh started babbling about everything again. SO I put in another disc, and finally caught a little more on tape. Really cool, too! It's seems like when we take his CI off for the tub, when he's not so busy listening it frees up his speech neurons to start firing. He was really chatty about everything he could see, touch, play with! Fortunately I put on his CI right after bath time and he was still chatty. But he and Chris did sit nicely with me for a book. Josh sat through all but the last page of the Gingerbread Man. He was on my lap looking at the book, not me. When I read, "Run, run as fast as you can!You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" Josh would sign and vocalize, "Ruh! Ruh! Ruh! Ruh!" He did that the next morning when we were crossing the street to church, signed and vocalized as he tried to run across the street. His vocalizing is coming much more freely now, very cool to watch happen.

And now to my next point. I have learned in the past, with Matt, that if you want a child who's not talking to START talking, bring him to church. At the most inappropriate time, the child will start a whole conversation about the lights, windows, candles, Jesus on the cross, you name it. So we sat there Sunday, really excited about Josh's chattiness, but trying to shut him up at the same time. Go figure. Cute, though. :)

Well, I need to go downstairs and read a book to the kids. My neck hurts, it's going to be slow day. Good for reading books.

2 comments:

Just Nancy said...

While Noah has no trouble talking ALL the time, he is great at saying stuff in church he wouldn't say normally. Like Sunday, right after the homily, very quiet, reflective time. He'd told me that his "peepees" were here during the homily, but I said, "No, they aren't." I'd taken him to the potty right before mass and I figured, no way could he have to go again. So, the homily finishes, the priest sits down, everyone is quiet, and my darling son says, quite loudly, "I'll pee in my pants."

Love that kid.

Just Nancy said...

Karin,

I use statcounter.com. I know I have readers, but few people leave comments!