Saturday, January 07, 2006

We're back!


Sorry for the lack of postings over the holidays. I fell down the stairs twice in ONE MORNING, December 22nd. Hurt myself a little worse than originally though I had. It literally hurt to sit at the computer, so I haven't done that often in the past weeks. Oh, well, doing better now. :)

Otherwise, the holidays have been GREAT! Santa brought some cool toys, we've had a lot of family time with the boys.

Matt's speech seems to be improving, he's doing better with his "S" sounds in words. We still have to tell him to SLOW DOWN his talking when he gets excited. Must be that Yankee blood in him.

Josh is really communicating better at home. He is vocalizing much more consistently, too. We really don't sign much with him at home, and I am constantly reminding him to use his voice. One cool development is that I'm hearing a much better "O" sound from him now. His muscle tone has always been on the lower side, but it seems like he is finally developing better muscle strength to compensate. And when I sit with all three boys for "therapy", he tries to vocalize words that he would have never tried in the past. Right number of syllables, much better vowel sounds. He is progressing, slowly but surely. With constant, continual conversation with us. Daddy has been home a lot, and this has helped a TON.

I'm tired, but had a lot of time to rest after the falls down the stairs. The kids burn me out a bit at times, but DH has been AMAZING with all the time he's spent with them on his vacation. My immediate goals with the boys really include regular time with them every day. It's almost as if I have to schedule that time, make it part of a routine, or I just forget to do it. Sometimes the boys really grate on my nerves, but I think this time home with Daddy around has been what we all have needed. Good fresh start to the New Year.

Well, I do have more to add, will do so at a later time. :)

No comments: