Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Matthew my "Tester".

I have a hard time figuring out if Josh's equipment is 100% up to par. If one of the wires is getting old and frazzled, his sound quality could be compromised. Matt has a much better descriptive vocabulary. I use him to test if something "funky" might be going on with Josh's headpiece and wires.

I was wondering why Josh has been responding differently lately, hooked Matt up to Josh's wire and headpiece (BWP). Matt told me right off the bat that Josh's was "softer, like one or two on the volume". Not a lot softer, just a little. No interference or anything, just a little softer.

So I went through my Box O' CI Stuff, and pulled out some new wires and Matt's older BTE headpiece (he's using the newer Auria headpiece with his CII BTE), which I knew was still working well. Boy do we have a lot of CI equipment! I need to organize it better. Two boys, four processors, an older set of hearing aids, batteries galore, different harnesses, FM system, more batteries, WOW! And to think I need to put in another order for equipment, too. Oh, boy.

Anyhoo, I put everything together and am psyched to have such a good tester to help me quickly and certainly figure out what's going on. Yeah, Matt!

I'm SO GLAD the batteries last so long, I don't have to order them very often. But I do need to order more equipment through insurance. More paperwork, yuck. ;P

No comments: