Monday, February 13, 2006

Paperwork Mountain.

I had plans for today. To be all organized and a cool mom. Then I remembered the boys' batteries are starting to last a shorter time, need to order new ones.

Oh, my gosh, the paperwork involved with that is overwhelming. First I have to re-enroll them in a certain program, involving paperwork through their docs and teachers. Fax that to someone, wait for it to be approved, fax the approval letter to another program, get more paperwork filled out by different docs and maybe educators again for that program, then order equipment.

I don't think we'll loose all of our battery power before then, but I'm sure I could borrow some if needed, until ours get ordered. I should have started this six months ago, when we first moved in here. But, Tired Mommy Me just gave up on paperwork for a while. For six months now. Well, time to get cracking! GRRRR...

I've been at this for hours this morning now, have left many messages on many phones. Will call again and leave more pleasant message, again, I'm sure.

For this reason, I recommend all parents in this kind of situation keep really, REALLY good records for all procedures, equipment, educational info, etc. I mean, you need to keep very meticulous records, multiple copies of certain docs on hand, and have good access to a fax machine.

This can be such a hassle and can take a lot of time, but the payoff is great. My boys can hear!!!!!

No comments: